Here are the four ways play-based learning is integrated in our early-year classrooms:
• Allow students to explore learning topics by themselves in greater depths
• Facilitate and provide opportunities for students to learn by making and doing
• Enhance students’ development of literacy skills (such as listening and speaking) by allowing them to actively play together with peers and interact with teachers.
• Encourage students to develop their own voices and thoughts about learning topics
• Facilitate students to apply their prior knowledge or previous learned skills in tasks
• Allow students to find solutions to a variety of problems they encounter.
• Allow students to collaborate with peers and demonstrate reflective talk
• Encourage students to reflect and share their voices and thoughts about the tasks they learn
• Discuss and identify with students the next steps for learning